Our Maternal & Child Health Care Coordination assists moms during and after pregnancy to ensure they have a full-term baby and that mom stays healthy. It helps in many ways, especially through education and addressing the needs of the expectant moms.
Our Adult Health Care Coordination sends a community health worker directly to an individual’s front door. We assist clients in taking away the barriers that would otherwise prevent individuals from getting routine care and managing their condition.
Health Care Access Now (HCAN) was awarded a $50,00 grant from the HealthPath Foundation to support their Maternal and Child Health Care Coordination Program. HCAN, along with its Care Coordination agency partners, assists women living in Butler and Hamilton counties during and after pregnancy to ensure they have a full-term baby and that women and their babies and children stay healthy by addressing their social and health care needs. The funds will be used to expand HCAN’s work is assisting more women and their families to assure that they have access to appropriate and timely care and community resources. Click here for more details.
It is indeed a great time to be a dad. Fathers, their children and their families are invited to an afternoon of fun, food, and information to support healthy families. It’s A Great Time to Be A Dad will be held at the Cincinnati Reds Urban Youth Academy at 2026 E. Seymour Ave. in Roselawn on Sunday, Oct. 21, 2018, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Click here for more details.
Pocket Ankle High Military Bold Buckle Combat Exclusive Card Women's Boots Butterfly Pu Up Credit DailyShoesCombat Card Military Up Ankle Pocket Women's Buckle High Boots Credit Exclusive Pu Butterfly DailyShoes Bold
Our mission & vision
Health Care Access Now’s mission is to improve the access to and delivery of healthcare for Greater Cincinnati’s medically underserved populations – the poor and working poor who are often uninsured or underinsured, through culturally and linguistically appropriate service delivery.
What others have to say about us.
Lynniece Scurry, Health Care Access Now
Health Care Access Now works with women during their pregnancy and up to the child’s second birthday, if needed
Health Care Access Now works with women during their pregnancy and up to the child’s second birthday, if needed. “It’s a known fact that babies, in Ohio and Hamilton County especially, are dying before the age of one,” said Lynniece, Certified Community Health Worker. “We want to make sure that the baby gets to their first birthday and beyond.”Helping expectant moms with everything from routine medical assistance to social issues such as transportation, housing, drug/alcohol addiction, emotional support and food, are key to the success of this program. Lynniece explained that “every story is a success story,” citing a recent case of being able to help a young mom with her self-esteem, which resulted in her enrolling at ITT and reaching a goal of getting her drivers’ license.
Michele Long, University of Cincinnati Medical Center
When uninsured patients without a medical home come to University Hospital’s emergency department, Michele Long…
When uninsured patients without a medical home come to University Hospital’s emergency department, Michele Long, Community Health Outreach Specialist, helps them find a primary care physician. “When I talk to the patient, I stress the importance of continuing to see the primary care doctor / medical home and to use the emergency department in the case of an emergency,” said Michelle.Michele speaks of many success stories of people establishing and committing to routine visits to their new medical home. One of these recent cases is a 60-year-old husband and 57-year-old wife who have both visited the emergency department over the years. The wife’s most recent issue was high-blood pressure and his, back pain. They now have a primary care doctor / medical home that they routinely visit. The cost is on a sliding fee scale – based on the patient’s ability to pay.
PARTNERSHIPS SUSTAIN SERVICES Thanks to our Supporters
• STYLISH DETAILS Ankle boots feature decorative stitching at the toe and diamond quilted stitching on their sides
• LOW PROFILE DESIGN Combat boots measure 6 inches in height with the 1.25-inch chunky heel included. A feminine twist on the usual combat boots, the DailyShoes Susan 01 Wallet Pocket Boots have a number of stylish features. The ankle boots have a chunky 1.25-inch heel and measure 6 inches in height overall. Along the sides, feminine quilted diamond stitching adds charm to the look of the comfortable boots, and the pocket boots have decorative stitching along the toes as well.
• STOW YOUR ESSENTIALS ON THE GO Wallet pocket boots have a 2.5-inch by 4-inch zippered pouch for holding cash, credit cards and other small items. The DailyShoes Susan 01 Wallet Pocket Boots are more than just a basic pair of ankle boots--they're combat boots and a wallet in one! On the side of each of these comfortable boots, you'll find a 2.5-inch by 4-inch pocket secured with a zipper.
• COMFORTABLE FIT Pocket boots have a 9-inch opening circumference with a padded collar for comfort. The pocket boots have enough room for credit cards, cash, keys and other small items that you can't afford to leave behind. The zippers used in the design of our wallet pocket boots are ultra durable, so you can count on them to keep your items safely inside.
• HIGH QUALITY SOLES Comfortable boots feature slip-resistant, durable synthetic soles.